Checklist – Complete before your SPOP date
1. Complete Canvas Modules
- Watch the 1st-Year Online Orientation Video, which reviews UCI and ICS academic policies, provides an introduction to WebReg, and provides information on degree requirements.
- We recommend you complete all modules before your SPOP date.
2. Take Exams for your Major
- Go to the UCI Testing Office website to learn which exams you must take for your major.
- UCI Writing Placement – More information to come soon.
3. If applicable, take ICS Credit By Exam
- Determine if you need to take the ICS 31 Credit by Exam. (optional)
- If so, take this exam at least 1 week before your orientation date. Available Credit By Exam dates can be found on the ICS Credit By Exam page.
4. Complete Mandatory Summer Orientation
You will be contacted by the Orientation Office for more information on registering for summer orientation. During orientation, in addition to helping you select and register for your Fall quarter courses, you will learn more about ICS and the university as a whole.
- What will you need on the day of academic advising? UCInetID and password
The University of California, Irvine is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all persons with permanent and temporary disabilities. Any student with a documented disability needing accommodations for the Summer Orientation Program should register for services through the Disability Services Center by applying online at dsc.uci.edu.
5. Hold on Record
Please note that you have an “advising hold” on your record. This will be removed during your summer orientation.
Visit the Message Center at your UCI Applicant Portal homepage. You will be sent a message about any missing documents/transcripts or if they have placed a hold on your record.
- July 1: Deadline to submit official transcripts to Admissions.
- July 15: Deadline to submit official AP/IB/SAT test scores.
- An admissions hold may prevent you from attending orientation or registering for courses.
8. ICS Laptop Recommendations
Purchase a laptop if you do not already own one. Our website has recommended laptop specs posted within the Electronic Computing Policies provided on the Undergraduate Student Policies webpage. Students in the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences will be required to own a personal laptop for coursework.
- Exact dates and more information coming soon!
10. Learn How to Enroll in Classes
11. Review the ICS Lab Policy
- You will be creating your ICS lab account during your orientation and will receive more information during your session.
12. Review Your Academic Information.