Skip to main content

ICS supports graduate student research and education through teaching assistantships, research assistantships, and fellowships.

Teaching Assistantships

Graduate students can receive funding through appointments as a Teaching Assistant (TA) or Reader. Information on responsibilities, requirements and benefits can be found on the UCI Graduate Division website.

Interested ICS graduate students must submit an application for each quarter they wish to be employed as a TA or Reader. The application requirement applies to ALL students, including those on a TA/Reader fellowship.

Students are notified of their appointments via email as soon as they are assigned. Any questions about TA and Reader assignments should be directed to the Department Managers.

Research Assistantships

Graduate students may receive funding through appointments as research assistants. Learn more about Graduate Student Researcher (GSR) assistantships offered at UCI.


All graduate students in ICS are strongly encouraged to apply for fellowships offered through UCI or sources external to UCI: