1. Complete Canvas Modules
- Watch the Transfer Student Online Orientation Video, which reviews UCI and ICS academic policies, provides an introduction to WebReg, and provides information on degree requirements.
- We recommend you complete all modules before your registration date.
2. Sign Up for a Mandatory Registration Date
2023 Transfer Registration Dates. Transfer advising drop-ins will be held virtually from 10:00am-11:45am (PDT):
- Monday, July 10
- Friday, July 14
- Tuesday, July 25
- Thursday, August 3
- Monday, August 7
Note that there is an “advising hold” on your record. This will be removed on the day of your registration date. Registration for your classes will begin at 10:00 am on your course registration date that you sign up for. A recommended Fall ’23 schedule will be emailed to you around two days prior to your registration date.
Transfer Advising registration requires the following:
- Unofficial copy of your transcripts.
- Syllabi Reviews.
- IGETC (if you have one)
> Is it mandatory? No
> When do I complete it? Before you start this Fall. We must have official certification by your community college.
> I don’t have an upload, is that ok? Yes, IGETC is not required by us for admission.
If you will be certified this summer, then please indicate that you have a full IGETC certification when you sign up for transfer advising and then make sure to submit the official certification to UCI Admissions as soon as you have it.
If you don’t have IGETC: you can ignore this section of the registration.
- AP/IB Test Scores (if you have any)
The University of California, Irvine is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all persons with permanent and temporary disabilities. Any student with a documented disability needing accommodations for the Summer Orientation Program should register for services through the Disability Services Center by applying online at dsc.uci.edu.
3. Sign up for your Credit by Exams
- Sign up for your exams early, dates can be found on the Credit by Exam page.
Which exam do you need? Please review the Credit by Exam page for more information on ICS 31, ICS 45C and ICS 45J to determine which exams to take. Then, sign up to take the appropriate exam(s).
4. Complete TSPOP (Transfer Student Parent Orientation Program)
- This includes the Bren School of ICS Canvas Modules: Modules 1-4 are required before your transfer orientation date. The rest of the modules can be completed after your orientation date. (canvas modules will be available by TBA)
- For more information on TSPOP visit https://orientation.uci.edu/
5. Review the ICS Lab Policy
- Your ICS accounts will be activated during your orientation. You will receive instructions on how to complete this that week.
Get info about finances, academic info, student success, transportation, involvement opportunities, and more. This is the place to find everything you need to know
Visit the Message Center at your UCI Applicant Portal homepage. You will be sent a message about any missing documents/transcripts or if they have placed a hold on your record.
July 1: Deadline to submit official high school transcripts to Admissions. Missing this deadline results in an admissions hold.
July 15: Deadline to submit official test scores. Missing this deadline results in an admissions hold.
September 15: Deadline to submit official community college or other 4 year institution transcripts. Missing this deadline results in an admissions hold.
A type 6 hold will remain on your record until you attend advising, however an admissions hold will prevent you from attending advising/registering for classes.
8. ICS Laptop Recommendations
Purchase a laptop if you do not already own one. Our website has recommended laptop specs posted within the Electronic Computing Policies provided on the Undergraduate Student Policies webpage. Students in the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences will be required to own a personal laptop for coursework.
Financial Aid may be available for purchasing a laptop. Please inquire with the Office of Financial Aid.
- Exact dates and more information coming soon!
- You will be provided with a specific link to the advising session through your UCI Email 1-2 days before the session.
- Arrive to your online session early and test your audio/video capabilities.
- Be prepared to have your video turned on.
- You should consider keeping something nearby to write notes.
- Research available resources and opportunities.
- Plan your academic and career strategies now.
14. International Students: Review Recommendations for International Students