If you would like to enroll in an ICS course and are currently not a UCI student, please follow the steps below to submit a request to register in a Bren School of ICS course.
Please review each step in the following link to see how to request an ICS course.
- Application Deadline:
> Please be sure to fill out a complete application for each ICS course you are requesting before
January 1 (for WINTER) or March 26 (SPRING).
- Application Review:
> Transcripts must be included with the application for consideration
> If the course has a lab and/or discussion, the course code for that section must be requested at the same time.
> Do NOT request a course that is currently full or on waitlist as you will not be accepted into the course.
> Reviews will take place one week before classes start and be completed before the first day of classes:
> Enrollment will not be approved on or after the 1st day of classes,
> Once reviewed and denied, an application will not be considered again.
> Please check your email daily for any updates regarding your status. You will receive a notification of acceptance or denial from the Division of Continuing Education.
> Please do not email us regarding your status. The Division of Continuining Education will email you.
- Course work:
> Students waiting for admission into any ICS course should be in communication with that course’s instructor to arrange for access to course materials and submission of any assignments while on the review list.
> Being on the review list or completing coursework DOES NOT guarantee a seat in the course.
Note: We will consider all options during the application review process, however enrollment into our courses is not a guarantee and exceptions will not be granted.
While at a Community College:
- You may only apply for concurrent enrollment for an ICS course if the community college campus in attendance does not have an articulated course to UCI.
- If the course is not articulated, you may submit a form (obtained from your communtiy college) to the ICS Student Affairs office located in the ICS Building Suite 352.
- The Donald Bren School of ICS enforces a strict Friday of Week 2 deadline to add, drop, or change the grade option of the course. Any requests to add, drop, or change the grade option for a course past the Friday of Week 2 will not be granted.
- Obtaining the instructor’s approval on the Concurrent Enrollment form does NOT mean that you will gain access to the course. The ICS Student Affairs Office has final approval as to who is allowed or is not allowed in their courses.
- Prerequisites for each ICS course are strictly enforced.
- If you no longer intend to enroll in a course, please inform the Division of Continuing Education immediately via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we may release the seat to another student in need.
- Please be sure to attend all requested courses and complete any assignments/ tests/ etc. Make arrangements with your instructor to ensure that you can access and submit any course material in a timely manner.