- UCI Department of Informatics, Associate Professor
- UCI Accessibility Research Collective, founding member
- UCI Steckler Center for Responsible, Ethical, and Accessible Technology (CREATE), Associate Director
- UCI Master's in Human-Computer Interaction and Design (MHCID), Faculty Director
- A core area of my research involves studying, designing, and building new digital tools for accessible content production. We received an NSF Medium Award to study and design the future of content production tools for people with vision impairments. More details are listed on our project website.
- I have written extensively on understanding technology and online life among older adults, including issues of ageism in technology design and what it means to age online in the context of disability.
- My work also understands participatory design methods involving people with complex communication needs (e.g., dementia, aphasia, trauma) and how co-design can be made more equiable and just.
- A previous NSF-funded project explored the design and evaluation of surface haptics for young children's science learning. See our project website for more details.
ampiper (at) uci (dot) edu
Donald Bren Hall
Department of Informatics
School of Information and Computer Science
University of California, Irvine