- Abbas Banaiyan-Mofrad
- Jun Yong Shin
- Santanu Sarma
- Hossein Tajikh
- Jurngyu Park
- Majid Namaki
- Bryan Donyanavard
- Michael Beyeler (jointly
advised with Prof. Jeff Krichmar in CogSci)
Ph.D. Students Graduated:
- Pradip Jha, Xilinx Inc.,
Library Mapping for RT Components, October 1995. gzip'ed PostScript file
- Roger Ang, Synplicity Inc., THESIS: Library
Insertion and Reuse of Datapath Components in
High-Level Synthesis, June 1996. gzip'ed PostScript file
- Preeti Ranjan Panda,
Professor at IIT-Delhi, THESIS:
Memory Optimizations and Exploration
for Embedded Systems, January 1998. gzip'ed PostScript file
- Peter Grun, ARM Inc., THESIS: Hardware/Software
Memory Customizations for Programmable Embedded Systems, September
- Prabhat Mishra, Associate Professor at University
of Florida, THESIS: Specification Driven Validation of
Programmable Embedded Systems, June 2004. (Winner
of 2004 EDAA Outstanding Dissertation Award)
- Mahesh Mamidipaka, Intel, Inc., THESIS: Power
Estimation in High-Performance Memory Structures, October 2004.
- Partha Biswas, MathWorks, Inc., THESIS: Acceleration beyond Memory Barriers
in IS-extensible Processors, March 2006.
- Aviral Shrivastava,
Assistant Professor at Arizona
State University, THESIS: Compiler-in-the-Loop Exploration of
Programmable Embedded Systems, June 2006.
- Sudarshan Banerjee, Cadence, Inc., THESIS: Application mapping for FPGAs with
Partial Dynamic Reconfiguration, March 2007.
- Ilya Issenin, THESIS: Multiprocessor System-on-Chip Data
Memory Customization for Embedded Array-Intensive Applications, March
- Sudeep Pasricha,
Assistant Professor, Colorado State University, THESIS: On-Chip
Communication Architecture Synthesis for Multi-Processor System-on-Chips,
- Minyoung Kim, SRI, THESIS: xTune: A Formal
Methodology for Cross-layer Tuning of Mobile Real-time Embedded Systems,
- Kyoungwoo Lee, Assistant Professor, Yonsei University, THESIS: Cooperative
Cross-Layer Protection for Resource Constrained Mobile Multimedia Systems,
- Gabor Madl, Honeywell
Research Center, THESIS: Model-based Analysis of Event-driven
Distributed Real-time Embedded Systems, June 2009.
- Ashok Halambi, Yahoo, Inc., THESIS: TransMutations: A
framework for dynamic customization of retargetable
compilers for embedded systems, June 2009.
- Aseem Gupta, Freescale,
Inc., THESIS: Temperature
Aware VLSI Design for Reduced Power and Reliability Enhancement, June 2009.
- Jayram Moorkanikara,
The Brain Corp., THESIS:
Framework for Spiking Neural Network
Modeling on High-Performance Architectures, September 2010.
- Luis Angel Bathen, SPAWAR THESIS: PHiLOSoftware: A Low Power, High Performance,
Reliable, and Secure Virtualization Layer for On-Chip Software-Controlled
Memories, July 2012.
- Kazuyuki Tanimura, BloomReach
PARADE: Power Analysis Resistive
Architecture Design, August 2012.