Syllabi Review Instructions For New Students
Some students may have taken computer science courses and math courses at an institution that does not have an existing articulation agreement with UCI. Students will not receive automatic course credit for these classes.
If you would like us to review these particular courses, you may submit the course syllabi for review.
Please note that we review ONLY computer science and math courses.
- General education courses and non-major courses can be reviewed after Fall quarter begins.
To find your major’s curriculum, use the UCI Catalogue.
NECESSARY CRITERIA FOR A SYLLABUS REVIEW
- Attended a California community college or other California university, or another UC that does not have an official articulation agreement with UCI. (Use Assist.org), or
- Attended a non-California community college or non-California university, and
- Your course syllabus must include:
- a course description,
- weekly topics covered,
- break down of how grade is computed,
- course textbook
- Syllabi that do not meet this criteria cannot be reviewed.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING SYLLABI FOR REVIEW
- You must upload your syllabi for review.
THINGS TO NOTE:
- We will not review syllabi for ICS 31, ICS 45C, and ICS 45J. Instead, you must take the credit by exam.
- We only review syllabi for students who have officially accepted their admissions offer into the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences or the Computer Science and Engineering major.